Pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists are the most vulnerable road users; they make up about 80% of road fatalities in dense European urban areas. In Europe, more than 57 000 pedestrians are killed annually. The vast majority of them are on or within 50 meters of a pedestrian crossing.
Flowell makes the road a safer place for both pedestrians and vulnerable users alike.
Flowell works around the clock, significantly enhancing the visibility of markings both at night and when overcast.
Flowell panels are equally visible during the day when activated. Thanks to their high contrasting dark finish when not in service and a high luminous flux when illuminated.
The positive effects of Flowell pedestrian crossings were measured at various locations ranging from medium-size towns to highly populated cities.
Uncontrolled crossings (activation with motion cameras)
This pack includes :
- 12 or more Flowell panels for the crossing
- 6 to 8 panels for the Give Way markings or advanced stop line (if applicable)
- 1 Flowell controller unit
- 2 motion sensors (optional)
Our packs can be adapted according to local regulations. For more information please contact us.
Flowell enhances the legibility and visibility of road markings. The user benefits have been measured throughout a series of behavioural surveys. All of which have shown some positive results (especially for visually impaired people)
- Better compliance with pedestrian priority and stop zones.
- Enhanced legibility and visibility of road markings.
- Positive effect on the channelling of pedestrians in the crossing area and by definition, reductions in jaywalking.
- Much greater feelings of safety.